30% of Americans Do Not Have Broadband Access at Home

You are here: Home » Uncategorized »  Posted on 10:15 am, September 25, 2013 by sites

The Pew Research Center has recently released the results of a survey conducted as part of their Internet & American Life Project. According to these findings, over half of Americans currently own smartphone; however there is a significant gap in broadband coverage across the country.

The survey, conducted in May 2013 says that 70% of American adults have access to broadband internet in their homes, which leaves and astounding 30% of Americans who do not have access to broadband internet in their homes. Of the respondents, 10% were only able to access the internet via their smartphones, whilst 2% of Americans were found to be living completely outside of broadband coverage areas.

Nationally, the survey has found that a total of 3% of Americans access the internet at home via a dial-up connection, despite the fact that broadband’s superior quality and speed has been available to the public for over 10 years. Of the respondents, the demographic  with the least available access to the internet was persons over 65 years of age, of whom only 43% had access to broadband internet at home.

Related posts:Mobile Broadband Is Fastest Growing Technology in HistoryBritain’s BT Shuts Down Dial Up ConnectionIs Your Internet Faster than The National Average?Broadband Speed Test using Google MapsWhy does Svchost.exe access the Net?

Posted in:  Uncategorized Leave a ResponseClick here to cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent PostsStop Windows 7 Thumbnail Animation PreviewFastest US Internet Connection is in Small Washington TownFast Internet Connection has Become a NecessityNew Android app turns wireless internet on and off automaticallyInflight wireless internet about to get fasterHow to use Power Cycling to fix your Internet ConnectionBroadband Speed Test using Google MapsThe problems of slow-start algorithmDid You Know: World’s Fastest Internet Connection Belongs to Old Swedish LadyTag Cloudakamaiandroidballoonbattery lifeboost wi-fi signalcall2 test connectionconnectconnectionerror messagefacebookflyinggooglegoogle pandagoogle penguinguide google penguinguide pandahow fastinternetinternet connectioninternet connection testinternet speedinternet speed testmicrosoftplanespowerproject loonratioserver errorserver responseskype test connectionsmartphonespeedspeed checkspeed test forspeed test speed testtest internettest internet speedwi-fiwifizuckerbergRecent Search Termsinternet speed, internet speed test, net speed test, test internet speed, internet speed test online, mcafee speed test, yhs-002, internet speed test net, internet speed test free, internet connection speed test

View the Original article

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s